Tackle the huge waves off Broadbeach, snorkel through the shipwreck on Main Beach, or walk on the golden sand fringed by high rises on Surfers Paradise. Get your thrills on virtual reality rides at Dream World, swim with dolphins at Sea World and watch movies being made at Warner Bros Movie World. Explore the waterfalls, rainforest, lookouts and scenic bushwalks of the lush Gold Coast hinterland. Shop till you drop in art and craft markets, huge airy malls and high-end boutiques. Then get into the Gold Cost's glitz, glamour and fun at its bars, nightclubs and events.
Places to Visit
- Surf the world-class waves of Broadbeach, Kirra and Main Beach. or lie on the golden sand of Surfers Paradise, where afterwards you can trawl the shops, cafes and restaurants of lively Cavill Avenue.
- Scare yourself at the Dracula's Haunted House. It is a five-storey walk-through house of fright featuring optical illusions, 4D cinema, interactive gimmicks and loads of laughs for all.
- Take an enchanting night tour of Springbrook National Park and discover Australia's largest colony of glow worms, amid lush forest, lakes and waterfalls.
- Visit Sky Point, Australia's only beachfront observation deck, located on the 77th and 78th levels of Q1.
- Experience the theme parks - Dream World, Sea World, Warner Bros. Movie World, Wet 'n' Wild Water World and the newest theme park launched by Dream world Whitewater World.
- Kick Up your heels at nightspots and events, and soak up the heady atmosphere of Cavill Avenue, where every night is a weekend.