Laze in the lush riverside gardens of South Bank, then browse the markets and swim in the lagoon. Bike ride in the City Botanic Gardens and abseil the cliffs of Kangaroo Point. Glide down the river on a majestic paddle steamer or take a high-speed ferry to vibrant inner-city villages like Bulimba and New Farm. When culture cravings hit, wander the art galleries and museums, watch a performance by the Queensland Ballet, Opera or Orchestra or see the cutting-edge theatre in the Powerhouse. In the boating hub of nearby Moreton Bay and Islands, you can swim, sea kayak, snorkel coral reefs, toboggan down the world's tallest sand dune, hire a sail boat or tussle with a marlin.
Places to Visit
- Cuddle Up to koalas and meet possums, kangaroos, wombats, emus and lyrebirds in The Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, just a short bus drive from the city centre.
- Visit Tangalooma Wild Dolphin Resort located on Moreton Island, just 75 minutes by boat from Brisbane. Try sand tobogganing, go quad biking or hand-feed wild dolphins.
- Explore The Queensland Museum, adjacent to south Bank. It is the wonderful place for children to explore other ages and different worlds.
- Be Thrilled! with splendid views of Brisbane city from Mount Coot-tha Lookout.
- Enjoy a range of activities around the Brisbane River, including abseiling, rock climbing, kayaking and cycling.