- Passport: Original Passport with validity of minimum three months (from the date of return) and minimum two blank pages for visa stamps
- Schengen Visa Application Form : Online Visa Application Form to be filled. Print out of the filled form to be attached with application for submission. The link for the form is - https://videx.diplo.de/videx
- Photo Specification: Two recent passport size coloured photographs with matt or semi matt finish,80% face coverage, white background and without border (Size: 35mm x 45mm) Please note: Photograph should not be more than 3 months old,scanned/stapled and should not be used in any of the previous visas.
- Covering-Letter: Covering Letter from applicant on business letter head mentioning name, designation, passport number,Passport Number,purpose and duration of visit in brief. The letter should be duly signed by authorized signatory with company stamp and addressed to – German Consulate General, Mumbai
- The sponsor has to furnish the following documents:
- Financials (Only for 1st time travellers)
- Proof of Occupation
- If applicant is a minor:
- Proof of Accommodation: Hotel confirmation / Guarantee from Host for the entire period of stay in Schengen area.
Please note: Hotel should match the ticket dates and maximum stay should be in Germany.
- Airline Reservation : Ticket Itinerary
- Medical: Overseas Medical Insurance for the stay duration amounting to 30,000 Euros to be submitted in original along with the photocopy
- Authorization Letter: Applicant will have to submit an authorization letter.
a) Passports issued beyond 10 years will not be accepted by the Embassy
b) Attach all your old passports (if any)
) Passports that contain illegible data will not be accepted.
Please note: Only High Quality printout of the Barcode should be submitted along with the application.
Following forms also need to be duly filled, signed and submitted along with the application
c) NOC Form for a minor who is travelling alone or only with one natural parent (If applicable)
Please note : Applicant mobile number should be mentioned in visa form as Embassy / Consulate can contact the applicant at any point of time during visa processing
Please Note : Covering Letter on Letterhead if applicant is Self Employed or on plain paper if Employed.
a) An invitation letter by the host in Germany mentioning name and duration of stay.
b) Formal Obligation Letter (“Verpflichtungserklärung”) according 66-68 AufenthG.
If inviter is not a German citizen: A4 sized copy of inviter’s passport incl. his/her valid residence permit Proof of Sufficient funds
a) Guarantee of expenses(for example, latest 3 months bank statement and salary slips)
a) Personal ITR for last 3yrs
b) Three months salary slip
c) Personal Bank Statement for last six months mentioning the Bank’s name, Bank’s Telephone Number clearly.
If Self Employed
a) Personal & Company ITR for last 3yrs
b) Personal & Company Bank Statement for last six months mentioning the Bank’s name, Bank’s Telephone Number clearly.
a) Company Registration Certificate / Certificate of Incorporation
b) Brief Company Profile
c) Articles of Memorandum (Incase the applicant is MD/Director)
d) Proof of Proprietorship / Partnership (In case applicant is Proprietor / Partner in a firm)
e) Import / Export License (if applicable)
a) Proof of employment like Salary Slip or Appointment Letter / NOC and Leave Sanction letter from employer
a) Leave Sanction Letter from school
b) Parents have to provide ITR, Bank statement and NOC letter.
a) Birth Certificate (original and A4 sized copy)
b) Letter of School confirming current school admission and sanctioned leave of absence (original, no copy)
c) Consent Letter from both parents regarding child’s travel (original, no copy)
d) A4 sized copy of Parents’ Passports
e) Death Certificate of parent(s) - if applicable (original and A4 sized copy)
f) Court Order regarding child’s custody - if applicable (original and A4 sized copy)