- Passport: Original Passport with validity of minimum six months and minimum two blank pages for visa stamp. Attach all your old passports (if any). Also submit copy of information pages as well as copies of previous Chinese visas (on A4 paper). If applying from Kolkata: Photocopies of passport information pages.
- China Visa Application Form : visa application form has to be filled online, once the applicant fill the form,the printout has to be taken out signed by the applicant and attached with the application for submission.
- China Visa Application Online Form
- The following should be strictly followed:
- Photo Specification: Two recent passport size colored photographs with matt or semi matt finish,80% face coverage, white background and without border (Size: 35mm x 45mm) Please note: Photograph should not be more than 3 months old or scanned and should not be used in any of the previous visas. The photo should be stapled or glued on the application form.
- Covering-Letter a) Covering Letter from applicant on business letter head mentioning name, designation, passport number,purpose and duration of visit in brief. The letter should be duly signed by authorized signatory with company stamp and addressed to – "Consulate General of the People's Republic of China,Mumbai"
- Invitation Letter in ORIGINAL from China (a company or a person), Tourist Agenda, personal written statement with details as follows: a) name of the scenic spot; b) name, address and contact number of the inviting company or person; c) name and contact number of the applicant's working unit in India.
- If the applicant is unable to provide an Invitation Letter from China, the following documents are needed: a. Tourist Agenda. b. A copy of confirmed return air ticket and hotel reservation bill. c. Personal Written Statement with the following details: i)name of the scenic spot; ii) name, address and contact number of the inviting(contact company or person). iii) Certification letter from the working unit of the applicant(with details as follows: name and contact number of the working unit, the applicant's income statement or recent 6 months Bank Statement of the applicant).
- Financials: Personal Original Bank Statement with minimum balance of Rs 1,60,000 with Bank seal and signature of authorized signatory on each page.
- Medical: NIL
- Please Note:If you are applying your visa from Mumbai and your passport is not issued from Maharashtra and Karnataka then you have to submit any one stay proofs of your residence in Maharashtra / Karnataka as per the below mentioned list:
a) It is mandatory to fill all the columns. None of the box should be left empty ,if it is not applicable then NA should to be mentioned
b) Applicant has to fill each and every column online including selection of normal/ urgency processing
c) After taking the printout no manual amendment can be done. Hand written form or white ink is not allowed.
Please Note : Covering Letter on Letterhead if applicant is Self Employed or on plain paper if Employed . (i) ORIGINAL NOC/Leave Letter from the Employer (If employed)
a) If applying from Mumbai: Confirmed ticket with Airlines Stamp
b) Day to Day itinerary
a) Lease & License Agreement
b) Address proof in the Companies letter head (Original)
c) MTNL, BSNL bill of last month
d) Marriage Certificate
b) The Embassy would accept Urgent applications ONLY if the intended travel is within 4 working days from the date of application, air tickets are enclosed and the travel dates are clearly mentioned in the Covering Letter.