The old village of Oia located at the northern tip of Santorini and boasts some of the most magnificent views on Santorini and a highly picturesque aspect, with cliffs on one side and the sea on the other. The square overlooks the sea and visitors are able to observe fantastic sunsets, many visitors specifically make the trip to Oia just to watch the sun sink into the Aegean. Fantastic, fabulous Santorini deserves all the superlatives. Even the most jaded traveler is liable to succumb to the awesome drama of this surreal landscape, a relic of what was probably the biggest eruption in recorded history. The caldera and its vast curtain wall of multi-coloured cliffs are truly awesome. It's worth to experience the full dramatic impact by arriving in a slower ferry with open deck.
THINGS TO DO:
- The Akrotiri Lighthouse is among the oldest lighthouses in this part of the world and was constructed way back in 1892
- The Minoan Town of Akrotiri
- The Venetian Castle
- The Orthodox Cathedral & Catholic Cathedral in Fira
- The Cultural Centre of Thira in Megaron Gyzi
- The Archaeological Museum of Santorini
- Santorini Caldera undoubtedly is one of the natural wonders on the earth that was created more than 3500 years ago
- Take a donkey ride in Santorini
- View the sunset in Santorini, especially in Oia
- Thirassia island just opposite Oia.