Aghios Nikolaos is an undeniably attractive former fishing village set around a pleasant harbor and a small, picturesque lake connected to the sea. ‘Agios’ remains popular, drawing people from nearby resorts at night when the ambience turns more vibrant and cosmopolitan. Crete is the largest island in Greece, and the fifth largest one in the Mediterranean Sea. It is separated in 4 prefectures: Chania, Heraklion, Lassithi and Rethymno. Here, the visitor can admire the remnants of brilliant civilizations, explore glorious beaches, impressive mountains capes, fertile valleys and steep gorges, and become part of the island's rich gastronomic culture. Crete is, after all, a small universe teeming with beauties and treasures that you will probably need a lifetime to uncover!
THINGS TO DO:
- Ideon Cave, The Cave of Milatos, Matala rock formations
- The Monastery of Arkadi
- The Public Park of Rethymno
- The Fortezza of Rethymno
- The bridge of Aradaina
- Frangokastello is one of the landmarks of Cretee
- The Catholic Church of Saint Francis
- Acqua Plus Waterpark
- The Minoan Palace of Knossos
- The Kales Fortress of Ierapetra
- The sea lake of Agios Nikolaos
- Chrissi is a small island famous for its exotic beaches.
- Vai, the largest palm forest in Europe, spreads around a gorgeous sandy beach.